Fetal MRI of the brain allows detailed evaluation of anomalies of the fetal central nervous system, in particular neuronal migration, sulcation, and various maturational processes.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Clinical Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Ultrafast MR imaging of the fetus.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2000; 174: 1599-1606
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging of the central nervous system: a pictorial essay.Eur Radiol. 2002; 12: 1952-1961
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging of the brain: technical considerations and normal brain development.Eur Radiol. 2002; 12: 1941-1951
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging.Semin Roentgenol. 2008; 43: 314-336
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging of the brain: is ventriculomegaly the tip of the syndromal iceberg?.Semin Ultrasound CT MR. 2011; 32: 491-509
- Fetal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): a tool for a better understanding of normal and abnormal brain development.J Child Neurol. 2013; 28: 890-908
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the fetal brain.Hong Kong Med J. 2016; 22: 270-278
- Use of MRI in the diagnosis of fetal brain abnormalities in utero (MERIDIAN): a multicenter, prospective cohort study.Lancet. 2017; 389: 538-546
- Elements of morphology consortium. Elements of morphology: general terms for congenital anomalies.Am J Med Genet A. 2013; 161A: 2726-2733
- A systematic review and meta-analysis to determine the contribution of mr imaging to the diagnosis of foetal brain abnormalities In Utero.Eur Radiol. 2017; 27: 2367-2380
- Current state of MRI of the fetal brain in utero.J Magn Reson Imaging. 2019; 49: 632-646
- on behalf of the MERIDIAN collaborative group. MRI for fetal developmental brain abnormalities: perspectives from the pregnant patient.Qual Health Res. 2018; 28: 1295-1307
- The cause of Chiari II malformation: a unified theory.Pediatr Neurosci. 1989; 15: 1-12
- Fetal surgery for spina bifida: past, present, future.Semin Pediatr Surg. 2013; 22: 10-17
- Fetal surgery for myelomeningocele is effective: a critical look at the whys.Pediatr Surg Int. 2014; 30: 689-697
- Fetal surgery for myelomeningocele: a systematic review and meta-analysis of outcomes in fetoscopic versus open repair.Fetal Diagn Ther. 2018; 43: 161-174
Published online: June 12, 2019
The author has no commercial or financial conflicts of interest or funding interfering with this article.
© 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.