Sports injuries of the lower extremity are common and affect multiple elements of the musculoskeletal system.
To read this article in full you will need to make a payment
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Advances in Clinical Radiology
Already a print subscriber? Claim online access
Already an online subscriber? Sign in
Register: Create an account
Institutional Access: Sign in to ScienceDirect
- Sports injuries: acute.in: 5th edition. Brukner & Khan’s clinical sports medicine. vol. 1. McGraw-Hill Education, Australia2017: 13-27
- The aging athlete: part 1, “boomeritis” of the lower extremity.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2012; 199: W294-W306
- Epidemiology of collegiate injuries for 15 sports: summary and recommendations for injury prevention initiatives.J Athl Train. 2007; 42: 311-319
- Imaging of sports-related injuries of the lower extremity in pediatric patients.Radiographics. 2016; 36: 1807-1827
- Lower extremity and pelvic stress fractures in athletes.Br J Radiol. 2012; 85: 1148-1156
- Management of sports injuries of the foot and ankle.Bone Joint J. 2016; 98-B: 1299-1311
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound: athletic injuries of the lower extremity.Ultrasonography. 2018; 37: 175-189
- MRI of sports-related peripheral nerve injuries.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2014; 203: 1075-1084
- Review of current understanding of post-traumatic osteoarthritis resulting from sports injuries.J Orthop Res. 2017; 35: 397-405
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament injury: return to play, function, and long-term considerations.Curr Sports Med Rep. 2017; 16: 172-178
- Magnetic resonance imaging of sports injuries involving the ankle.Top Magn Reson Imaging. 2015; 24: 205-213
- Bone marrow edema in sports: general concepts.Eur J Radiol. 2007; 62: 6-15
- Lower limb muscle injuries: the good, the bad and the ugly.Eur J Radiol. 2018; 104: 101-107
- Injury of the gluteal aponeurotic fascia and proximal iliotibial band: anatomy, pathologic conditions, and MR imaging.Radiographics. 2013; 33: 1437-1452
- Athletic pubalgia and “sports hernia”: optimal MR imaging technique and findings.Radiographics. 2008; 28: 1415-1438
Published online: May 29, 2019
The author has no disclosures.
© 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.